Allied Makes Largest Impact Yet Through United Way Campaign
Allied Solutions partnered with United Way to make its biggest IMPACT yet in communities nationwide.
October 5, 2022 – Indianapolis
After two weeks of communicating, fundraising and volunteering, Allied Solutions delivered its most successful engagement campaign ever, raising more than $170,000 for the important work of United Way in our communities. One of the advantages of working with a nationwide partner like United Way is that every pledged donation is directed back to each employee’s home community. Because of Allied’s recent campaign, their donations will support neighbors in need in 59 different communities throughout the U.S.
This year’s successful campaign is an example of how Allied employees make an IMPACT by leaning into the company values:
- Innovation – Each year, Allied tries new tactics to involve more employees and to creatively raise money. This year campaign leaders used the new employee portal to provide timely campaign updates and opportunities in multiple locations. In Plano, employees staged a new Whisk It All baking competition and bake sale, which was a fun (and tasty) way to promote United Way in the workplace.
- Mindfulness – Allied has a diverse employee population and respects that everyone has different preferences about charitable giving. For this reason, Allied provided alternate ways for employees to get involved, like contributing to a food drive in the South Bend office or participating in Minute To Win It games with the team at Dakota Dunes.
- Passion – Just like Allied’s business, employees are driven by enthusiasm and pride in their efforts to support the work of United Way. Earlier this year, Allied was recognized by United Way for their passion and commitment to serving their communities, and they’re proud to continue this tradition through another successful giving campaign.
- Achievement – Allied approached their United Way campaign with two concrete goals - raise $135,000 and increase employee participation by 10%. Through the leadership of Campaign Chair Traci Mottweiler and Co-Chair John Denison, Allied surpassed these goals, raising more than $170,000 and tracking a whopping 456 employees who donated, volunteered or participated in campaign activities.
- Community – This year, Allied used its resources and skills to serve its community partners. Five Allied offices hosted snack bag volunteer events, distributing a total of 1,040 non-perishable snack bags to neighbors in need. Additionally, employees from the Carmel, South Bend and St. Paul offices volunteered offsite, sorting donations, preparing food, stocking shelves and working to improve our environment.
- Teamwork – This year’s campaign was successful because of the commitment and collaboration of volunteers from multiple office locations, working together to communicate a consistent message and share best practices. The value of teamwork was demonstrated most notably by campaign leaders at each Allied office, who stepped up to organize events and activities in each different location. Allied Solutions is grateful to have had such strong support from its employees and for the opportunity to continue serving the communities in which employees work and live.
About Allied Solutions
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, risk management, and data-driven solutions to financial institutions in the US. Allied Solutions uses technology-based solutions customized to meet the needs of 4,000 banks and credit unions, along with a portfolio of innovative products and services from a wide variety of providers. Allied Solutions is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana and maintains several offices strategically located across the country. Allied Solutions is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Securian Financial Group.