DevOps Automation Engineer, Carmel, IN
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, and marketing products to financial institutions in the country. It is our goal to work with our clients every step of the way, utilizing technology-based solutions that are customized to fit their needs. With more than 4,000 clients nationwide and offices in more than 14 states, we have grown progressively and we've recently exceeded 1,000 employees. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced, team-based, diverse environment and you enjoy helping others through personalized service, Allied Solutions could be the perfect fit!
The DevOps Automation Engineer is an integral part of the Devops/ IS team leading and facilitating automation efforts of our on premise and cloud operations infrastructure. This role is part of small, dedicated, hands-on team of IT professionals working to ensure a positive experience for our clients while making strong technical business decisions with members of related teams.
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects, and DevOps engineers to design and implement automated solutions with CD Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and configuration.
- Work with other technical teams to create system and workflow information visible through monitoring systems and web based dashboards.
- Develop tools and implement systems to automate server and other infrastructure provisioning
- Maintain and improve configuration management platform keeping up with the current technologies in the space.
- Implement processes and work with systems to deploy applications to development and production environments.
- Maintain Git version control repositories and related systems supporting initiatives around “infrastructure as code”.
- Be a technical resource for merge requests, assisting others in writing scripts, and answer questions about use of the infrastructure.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the build, deployment, and continuous integration process.
- Document build, continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Leverage scripting languages to build automated solutions and integrations on an ad-hoc basis. Languages often include PowerShell, BASH, Perl, Ruby and Python across both Windows and Linux systems.
- Work with XML and JSON based APIs to orchestrate integration between infrastructure components.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn new systems and technology rapidly
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work assignments with minimal supervision
- A background in software development
- Passion for automating Infrastructure, software deployment, and configuration
- An interest in Continuous Delivery and building fully automated deployment pipelines
- Experience setting up and maintaining build processes, deploying code bases to multiple environments and managing releases and configurations
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012 & 2016, Linux
- Web Servers:-IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Mongo
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Powershell
- Deployment: Octopus Deploy
- Version Control: GitLab, Git, TFS
- CI Tools: TeamCity, Jenkins
- VMWare vRealize, Puppet Razor
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Splunk, AppDynamics, QRadar
- Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Virtualization: VMware
Benefits of Joining our Team
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.