Accounting Analyst, Plano, TX
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, and marketing products to financial institutions in the country. It is our goal to work with our clients every step of the way, utilizing technology-based solutions that are customized to fit their needs. With more than 4,000 clients nationwide and offices in more than 14 states, we have grown progressively and we've recently exceeded 1,000 employees. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced, team-based, diverse environment and you enjoy helping others through personalized service, Allied Solutions could be the perfect fit!
Under general supervision, responsible for processing, analyzing and maintenance of accounts payable and/or accounts receivable and/or revenue and commission expense processing. Prepares and analyzes reports in support of the accounting management team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
65% Ensure the timely verification and payment of invoices, commissions, and expense vouchers, computing discounts, coding expenses, receiving and posting cash receipts, reconciling outstanding account balances, posting journal entries, and the maintenance of accurate records.
10% Assist with other month and year-end close out procedures and records.
10% Develop and maintains regular reports via Dynamics GP.
5% Creates, monitor and post accruals and journal entries.
5% Update or recommend improvements to internal processes to Accounting Management.
5% Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Certifications and KSA):
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related discipline or 5 years industry specific Accounting experience in place of any degree.
- Highly proficient in basic Microsoft Excel operations with a solid knowledge base of other Microsoft Office products. Pivot table experience preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Solid background in computerized accounting systems, experience in Dynamics GP is beneficial.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Motivated and self-driven with continuous process improvement goal.
Benefits of Joining our Team
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.