Application Developer, Carmel, IN
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, and marketing products to financial institutions in the country. It is our goal to work with our clients every step of the way, utilizing technology-based solutions that are customized to fit their needs. With more than 4,000 clients nationwide and offices in more than 14 states, we have grown progressively and we've recently exceeded 1,000 employees. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced, team-based, diverse environment and you enjoy helping others through personalized service, Allied Solutions could be the perfect fit!
The Application Developer develops new software applications and web services in support of the achievement of business requirements. Use of a variety of web and application development languages is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Design, build, and implement new applications, web pages and web sites; integrating sites with back end applications; migrating legacy applications to the web; and performing day-to-day administration of the organization’s web portfolio.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist with research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent work experience in computer systems design or computer science
- 5+ years relevant experience working with
- Experience in software development and/or programming design with a variety of server-side and client side programming languages. Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio preferred
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including Visual Studio C#, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Data Annotations and Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with desk top application, Windows Services, and web application development.
- Familiarity with MVC (Model View Controller) architecture and ASP.Net.
- Exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, including agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, IBM Connections, and Microsoft Share Point.
- Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards, including SOAP and REST is a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Benefits of Joining our Team
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.