Accountant, Plano, TX
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, and marketing products to financial institutions in the country. It is our goal to work with our clients every step of the way, utilizing technology-based solutions that are customized to fit their needs. With more than 4,000 clients nationwide and offices in more than 14 states, we have grown progressively and we've recently exceeded 1,000 employees. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced, team-based, diverse environment and you enjoy helping others through personalized service, Allied Solutions could be the perfect fit!
Under limited supervision, follows established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions. Reconciles and reviews accounts in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
35% Reconciles general ledger activity to various accounting systems to ensure transactions have been correctly recorded. Prepares financial reports by gathering and analyzing information.
35% Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data. Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheets, and verifying information.
15% Processes receivable and payable transactions, checks, deposits, and ACH.
10% Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current policies/procedures and recommending changes.
5% Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Certifications & KSA):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or five years of equivalent experience required
- 1+ years of general accounting experience required
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly intermediate knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel)
- Solid background in computerized accounting systems, experience in Dynamics GP preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, make independent decisions, and self-motivated
- Handle confidential information in a responsible manner
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concise, in writing and verbally
Benefits of Joining our Team
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.