Systems Administrator II, Carmel, IN
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, and marketing products to financial institutions in the country. It is our goal to work with our clients every step of the way, utilizing technology-based solutions that are customized to fit their needs. With more than 4,000 clients nationwide and offices in more than 14 states, we have grown progressively and we've recently exceeded 1,000 employees. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced, team-based, diverse environment and you enjoy helping others through personalized service, Allied Solutions could be the perfect fit!
The Systems Administrator II is responsible for the operation and support of enterprise software systems and the related application infrastructure. This individual will identify opportunities for improvement and innovation and help to implement approved solutions. This individual requires a high level of initiative to determine and quickly resolve or escalate mission critical issues.
The Systems Administrator II ensures that software systems, business data and related procedures, adhere to organizational standards and goals.
The Systems Administrator II serves as an escalation point for IT Support, Systems Administrator I, and business teams.
- Administers, monitors and improves corporate software systems and the related infrastructure (30%)
- Takes ownership of system issues, support requests, projects and improvement tasks with some supervision (30%)
- Identifies software system and process improvement opportunities and implements approved solutions (20%)
- Creates and maintains systems documentation (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of Systems / Infrastructure / Network Administration work experience. With 5+ years of appropriate experience, a Bachelor’s degree is not required
- Experience administering IIS web servers and Windows services. Experience with other web platforms is a plus
- Experience reading and validating intermediate Microsoft SQL Server queries with DBA assistance
- Experience reading and writing intermediate PowerShell. Additional languages is a plus
- Experience administering modern versions of Microsoft Server. Red Hat Linux experience is a plus
- Experience administering servers in a virtual machine environment
- Experience with system monitoring and troubleshooting resources (e.g., Solarwinds, vSphere, Fiddler)
- Working knowledge of enterprise networking (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, subnetting, NTFS shares, Active Directory, SSL/TLS)
Benefits of Joining our Team
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.