Claims Specialist, Plano, TX
Allied Solutions is one of the largest providers of insurance, lending, and marketing products to financial institutions in the country. It is our goal to work with our clients every step of the way, utilizing technology-based solutions that are customized to fit their needs. With more than 4,000 clients nationwide and offices in more than 14 states, we have grown progressively and we've recently exceeded 1,000 employees. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced, team-based, diverse environment and you enjoy helping others through personalized service, Allied Solutions could be the perfect fit!
- Processing of claim documents and inquiries related to insurance claims for multiple lines of business and more complex coverage types (CPI, GAP, VSI, MTG and EZ Claim)
- Handling telephone inquiries from clients and internal associates
- Learn and assist with ACH, Check, and draft processing to ensure accurate claim payment
- Verify coverage via internal system and attach support document to claims
- Send out correspondence acknowledging claim receipt to client
- Introduction to report preparation as needed daily, weekly, monthly reports associated with the internal controls of the claim and/or recovery department.
- Provide invoice processing for accounts payable for the claim and/or recovery department
- Provide reconciliation and balancing of claim and/or recovery proceeds and/or expenses
- Understand and master the use of compliance language that must be used in all correspondence
- Process 30 – 40 new losses per day consistently
- Projects related to support functions as needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college or higher education recommended and preferred
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of professional office experience required
- Insurance background strongly preferred but not required
- Creditor Placed Insurance experience also preferred, but not required
- Strong customer service focus and a minimum of 1 year of previous customer service experience required
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of lotus notes, Microsoft office suite
- Telephone skills with a minimum of 1 year customer telephone experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of basic accounting principles including report generation, accts payable, invoice processing, account balancing and account reconciliation is needed
Strong skills in all components of Microsoft Office and report programs in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to acknowledge and respect confidential information
- Ability to work in a professional environment and interact with Financial Institution clients
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple support functions
- Ability to read and apply commonsense understanding to simple instructions, short correspondence, oral/written instructions and memos
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve with minimal support to a proper resolution
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute work in a manner that meets established service standards and benchmarks
- Basic report development and organization
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to different workload scenarios and multiple requests that must be done accurately, timely and thoroughly
- Ability to use and master Microsoft office products; the ability to type at least 45 wpm
- Strong attention to detail, producing a product that is accurate and meet with financial accounting practices
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with the minimal support of a Team Leader or Supervisor
- Ability to create and implement reporting practices that streamline the process between claim, recovery and insurance carrier.
- Ability to adjudicate one touch claims
- Moderate dexterity – regular application of basic skills (calculator, keyboard, hand tools, eye/hand coordination.
Benefits of Joining our Team
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.